BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Seriously?! I Amaze Myself Sometimes

I had wrote in the last post that my mind was like an eighty year old. I was not kidding. I'm constantly misplacing something! (I'm not even exaggerating!) Here goes my story of how I lost my phone for good tonight!

Ryan and I met my friend Meghan at this hair salon's parking lot (random- yes, but convenient) for me to give her a birthday gift a few weeks late. Don't judge our gift exchanging- we swapped Christmas gifts in February. I was on the phone when I got out of the car, and placed it on my trunk when Meghan arrived (mistake #1). We were talking and chatting girl things while Ryan waited patiently in the car. We kept on talking, and I lost track of time. Ryan and I were supposed to be LFMS at 7:30 for the softball team to try on uniforms. It was now 7:31. We were late ! So I rushed my goodbyes with Meghan, and hopped in the driver's seat and away we went! I kid you not- we had traveled no more than two minutes, and it hit me, I LEFT MY PHONE ON THE TRUNK!

* Side Note- This is not the first time something like this has happened. I once left my Vera Bradley keychain change purse on the hood of my car while in Pigeon Forge back in December. If it had not been for Missy and Becky hearing it run down the back of my car, I would have lost my license, debit card, and student i.d. Luckily, they had strong hearing that day (Jamie & I thought they were going nuts)!

So back to the current phone story- We did not find my phone, even though we backtracked and looked in the parking lot, roads, and even the mud puddles. After I accepted the fact it was gone, I couldn't stop laughing. Ryan on the other hand was furious! He couldn't believe how irresponsible I can be sometimes (I hope he realizes he's marrying someone with an eighty year mind inside a twenty one year old skull). He was just amazed at how I constantly lose things.

He is convinced I'll lose one of our children one day. I don't know if he'll trust me to be alone with them... but I've told him surely they will bang on the roof of the car if I forget to put buckle them in before I drive off singing at the top of my lungs to "Fearless" by Taylor Swift!

0 comments: